Wednesday, January 29, 2014

BEACHBODY Agility Ladder dimensions/measurments

Hey everybody,

As I mentioned in my previous post, I received my BEACHBODY® Agility Ladder yesterday and I'm extremely anticipating using it for the first time with one of the THE ASYLUM's workouts, but that I have to do after my half-marathon and final exams.

The reason for me making this post, is that I still can't find a source on the world wide web that states the 100% exact measurements of the agility ladder sold by beachbody.

Why is that an issue?

Well, I for starters, don't live in the U.S. and so do many others. That means, for many of us, most of the beachbody gear and supplements and whatsoever products are inaccessible, which in turn means that we have to find substitutes for these products that are implemented with the workout DVD's.

After graduating from INSANITY, I made the life changing decision of stepping up to THE ASYLUM, but what held me back from starting it as early is the gear required.

Myself being in the middle east, decided to look online for agility ladders on amazon, but meant that I had to find something similar in size and shape to the original beachbody ladder, but I never found two sources that gave the same number, so I went ahead and ordered myself an Erima agility ladder that had more rungs but that was ok, because I did not open them all.

But still, the distance between the rungs was not the same both in length and width, the length of the plastic between the rungs is also longer, which overall meant that the quality of the workout would be different. Some of the moves were easier and some were harder. I did not want that.

Although the two ladders look identical, the yellow plastic on the top (Erima) is longer, which means more overall lateral length, and the rungs are 17' in width, where as the BB ladder is 14.5' 

Where are you heading with this?

Well after getting my official beachbody agility ladder, I thought I would assume the responsibility myself and share precise, accurate documented measurements of the ladder, for those in need of some sort of reference.

1) Firstly, the ladder measured from end to end, the tape shows 61.5 inches or 156 centimeters or 5'1.25".

156 centimeters/61.5 inches 

2) Secondly, the length of one rung measured in two ways, with plastic 40.6 centimeters/16 inches, without plastic 36 centimeters/14 inches:

A)
Length with plastic: 40.6 centimeters/16 inches
B)
Length without plastic: 36 centimeters/14 inches



3) Finally, the width of the rungs measured within the the rung without the black rubber connector, to give 37 centimeters / 14.5 inches

Inner width: 37 centimeters/14.5 inches


So there you have it, I hope you have no reason to delay ordering or constructing your own DIY agility ladder, and you simply start pressing play!

If you have found this information of any help, please share and subscribe or comment.

Take it easy,

Peace.

23 comments:

  1. It's funny because I don't know if this is a spam comment or not, but I'll wing and say thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a great article!! Thanks for the very clear pictures and measurements...

    P.S. this is not a spam comment, lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. phew, what a relief! haha,

      Thank you FitBoss, glad I could help.

      Delete
  3. Great article.. thhanks for sharing this information.. was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great article.. thhanks for sharing this information.. was very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure thing fellow human being, thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  5. Hey! Just wanted to say thank you for this, my father and I made our own today, with rope and PVC pipe, and we followed your measurements to a tee! It was perfect, thank you again, so much. I'm starting Asylum, I hope I can do this =) Good luck to you with your workouts!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Way to go! I'm really glad I could help, maybe you could share some photos of your DIY project ;)

      Best of luck with Asylum, dig deeper.

      Delete
  6. Thanks! Just made one with chevron duck tape so I can start with BeachBody on Demand. It was bit of a pain, having a 2" duck tape roll I had to cut my 'rungs' in half. I don't know why I thought this ladder would be bigger! Lol anyway, thanks for your post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're most welcome Tonja, whatever it takes to get the job done. DIY stuff adds a nice little story and flavour to working out.

      I do however recommend something that you actually can mess up, so that you are forced to better coordinate your moves around the ladder.

      All the best, dig deep!

      Delete
  7. Wow Thank you so much. I tried to get this ladder in Australia but just cant seem to. So basically just going to draw this on the ground using your measurements.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anytime buddy!

      Try making a DIY ladder that will actually move if you hit it, that will improve your coordination a lot quicker.

      Delete
  8. Thanks.. i am making my own agility ladder..

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did mine with the same measurements but made it 11 rungs instead of 6.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Why not, as long as you dig deep!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you, this is exactly what I was looking for so I can do Asylum and know my equipment matches theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for taking the time to publish this information very useful!
    top-5-best-telescoping-ladders

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thank you so much. You are the only source I could find for the beachbody agility ladder dimensions. I just used your very clear post to adjust my agility ladder!

    Cheers :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thankyou, needed one at quick notice
    Drew it out using your measurements on a wooden floor with washable marker
    Nice one 👍

    ReplyDelete
  15. Excellent post and wonderful blog, this sort of interesting posts I really like, keep it up... Agility Ladder Manufacturer

    ReplyDelete