Friday, December 27, 2013

INSANITY: THE ASYLUM - VOLUME TWO: Day 20 - CHAMPIONSHIP (SUDDEN DEATH OT)

It's CHAMPIONSHIP day baby and I went in to win this thing.

I felt good going into the workout with enough sleep and well rested after yesterday's stretches and good nutrition today, so I was really aiming at doing better and eventually breaking my record on the OT fit test.

But first let me mention this: this is the first time that I did one of my Asylum volume two workouts in a different setting than the one I used in the previous 19 days, and the reason being is that I did not want to be noisy and loud seeing that our house is full of guests these days.

That being said, it was pretty nice working out in fresh air, but the balcony floor however was not as friendly as in the indoor one (although they are the same material).

I was so excited today that I started doing the power jumps over the ladder right from the first jumping drill, in which you actually only should power jump in place. I stopped with the third time after realizing I was ahead of myself.

Looking back at the video footage I saw that I have better form on the volleyball, soccer and football drills which is awesome because that's what it's all about.

Now let us get to the main event of the night, the SUDDEN DEATH OT fit test yo!

Last week I managed to get exactly 8 rounds after tumbling over the ladder, while today I only tumbled once and I had to fix the ladder one time really quickly, I managed to squeeze just under 9 rounds, which I would have completed if I had not messed up the darn ladder.

I must say I'm pretty satisfied because the folks in the video averaged 8 rounds and I already surpassed that with good form (my power jumps are much better than last week's), so I'm aiming at completing 9 solid rounds next week, which by the way, will be week 4 and the last of this amazing program.

Tomorrow is rest day.

Enjoy.

Video highlights: http://youtu.be/PpGAhPnG3cE


No comments:

Post a Comment