Friday, December 13, 2013

INSANITY: THE ASYLUM - VOLUME TWO: Day 6 - CHAMPIONSHIP (SUDDEN DEATH OT)

CHAMPIONSHIP: DONE!

This scary workout is finally checked on the calender, and boy what an amazing workout it was.

Firstly, I don't know if I was just too prepared and well prepared nutrition wise, but I was expecting be a lot more worn out by the end.

Don't get me wrong, I was pretty dead before starting the SUDDEN DEATH OT which is the fit test for Asylum volume two, and in this volume you do the fit test "when it counts, after your workout".

Okay now let me get into some of the drills on the video:

I personally liked embedding the new volleyball drill seeing I play the sport, but it is unfortunately not that long, I wish Shaun T would have made till eight counts instead of four.

Something I did not like that the football (soccer) drill was a goal keeper training move, and let's face it, the probability of a goal keeper doing the asylum is much less than of a field player which requires more foot work.

I felt that the workout misses an element, which are the swimmers exercises that work the back like hell.

THEN COMES THE FIT TEST, and that is when you have to dig deep, yet again.

I managed to do seven rounds of the sequence, but I cut it down to six and a half due to me missing a certain move (shuffle right and left) in the Agility sequence for the first rounds.

In general I'm really satisfied with my effort so far, tomorrow will be REST DAY on the books, but I might do the OFF-DAY STRETCH to loosen up my body.

Enjoy your weekend :)


No comments:

Post a Comment