Monday, December 30, 2013

INSANITY: THE ASYLUM - VOLUME TWO: Day 23 - UPPER ELITE

So today UPPER ELITE did what it did the last three weeks - It killed me!

The workout is so brutal for my weak upper body that I start feeling the burn from the very first exercise, of course, push ups.

There are so many different variation of push up moves in this workout that made me think of counting just how many reps I actually do throughout these brutal 60 minutes. I eventually did that and according to my count from the video footage, I did about 148 push ups.

I think I managed to stick around with the heavier dumbbells a bit longer, and I'm also glad that I managed to finish the triceps dips successfully for the second time in a row.

The burnout at the end however is still so darn difficult and I still struggle getting many successive reps in.

Something else that I did not progress with are the jump rope swings, I still tumble and rumble around trying to get it right but I just can't. However, every time I say "I can't", I try to remember Tony Horton's words in P90X in which he says "Don't say I can't, say I'm currently struggling with" or something like that.

I will not miss this workout in the short periods of time in which I'm not going to be doing volume two workouts in.

Tomorrow's workout will be my dear POWER LEGS.

Stay tuned.

Video highlights: http://youtu.be/iav6Ijc8R58


No comments:

Post a Comment